Live At The Homecoming
Live At The Homecoming documents our 25th Anniversary “Reunion Concert,” recorded live in Peabody Institute’s Friedburg Hall. The Ensemble performs with six special guest artists—former members returning to celebrate a quarter century of music. And Ed finally tells the real story about how the band got started.
It’s chock-full of everything you love about the Peabody Ragtime Ensemble—rags, big band, swing, Dixieland, novelties, vocals—plus a few genuine surprises! All the electricity of a live concert, punctuated by an awards ceremony during intermission, captured in a state-of-the-art digital recording.
To get a copy of this CD, write to Ed Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Two O’Clock Jump by Harry James, Benny Goodman and Count Basie (5:28)
2. The Mooche by Duke Ellington and Irvin Mills (4:08)
3. Xylophonia by Joe Green (3:03)
4. Pennies From Heaven by Arthur Johnson and Johnny Burke (3:59)
5. Powerhouse by Raymond Scott (3:26)
6. Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin (3:37)
7. C Jam Blues by Duke Ellington (5:01)
8. Just A Closer Walk With Thee (6:02)
9. Summertime by George and Ira Gershwin and Dubose Heyward (3:40)
10. I Can’t Give You Anything But Love by Jimmy McHugh and Dorothy Fields (4:01)
11. Highland Groove by Jared Denhard (4:41)
12. When The Saints Go Marching In (6:03)
13. South Rampart Street Parade by Ray Balduc, Steve Allen and Bobby Haggart (5:00)
14. The Story of the Peabody Ragtime Ensemble (3:02)
15. Stars and Stripes by John Phillip Sousa (4:00)